[Sheflug] I love the press...

I've just been reading this article, linked from linuxtoday.com:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/SeattleTimes.woa/wa/gotoArticle?zsection_id=268448455&text_only=0&slug=hack31&document_id=134243411

I've found two beautiful quotes:

George Lindamood, former chief of information systems for Washington
state and a big-systems consultant [said] "Given the experience with NT
(Windows 2000's predecessor), I'm dubious that they can make a silk
purse out of that sow's ear."

At the Windows 2000 launch, Chairman Bill Gates noted that a Windows
2000 server could be expected to experience a reboot or downtime only
after at least 90 days of uninterrupted performance. If a company
clusters 12 such systems together, Oracle said, that could
mathematically equate to an outage every 7-1/2 days.

90 days? An improvement, I guess - then again, I'm still amazed at the
fact that you have to reboot machines at the smallest change (I believe
this is being addressed in Windoze 2k - about 25 years behind everyone
else).

 Had to reboot machine at work today after installing Intellimouse
software, which doesn't even appear to do anything, except try and get
me to register my information to we.own.your.soul.microsoft.com :-)

 Baz.
--
Barrie J. Bremner

Email:     TheEnglishman [at] ecosse.net
           (PGP public key available at pgp.mit.edu)

Telephone: UK 01672 811246

 The answer to your question is...Welcome to tomorrow!