[Sheflug] UK Stance on software patents ... (fwd)

and remember software patents are baaaaddddd thing.......

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 13:17:51 +0000
From: kevin.taylor [at] powerconv.alstom.com
To: uklugs [at] lug.org.uk
Subject: UK Stance on software patents ...

Just in case you haven't heard (yet) - the UK Patent
Office are asking for feedback/comments about
what to do about software patents ...

"We want to know what you think about this so that
Government policy is evidence-based and relevant
to business, commerce, and consumers - in other
words to you. So, whether you are in the software
industry, financial services, are a software user, a
consumer, or are otherwise interested, we want to
hear from you."

http://www.patent.gov.uk/snews/notices/softcons.html

(deadline is 15th December 2000)

Kevin.