Re: [Sheflug] AUI network on a Sun

> Thankyou very much. Do you want a cg6 framebuffer in exchange? (Woo, it
> does colour!)

That sounds fair :) Yes I've had a check and I've found I've got four of the
beasts. I think they're breeding, so I think I can spare ye one of them... :)

> I've already got a pinout for an AUI-AUI crossover but it don't work. I
> think it's becauseI was using cat5 unscreened cable but I don't know what I
> should use?

Screened cable, but I couldn't say exactly what type. cat5 probably won't
work, no :) IIRC the thick-ethernet I've seen has a cable cross-section of
that approaching the same of a parallel centronics cable or SCSI-II cable, so
its that sort of thing you ought to look at. In fact, if you have a spare
parallel cable you don't mind cutting the ends of, one of them should be fine
(okay, you'll have a bundle of 10 wires unused or thereabouts) though. No
idea how much the cable costs to buy.

So next question is ... how to do this ... (a) royal mail, (b) shef-lug meet,
or (c) other? :)

Chris...

--
\ Chris Johnson           \