Re: [Sheflug] linux.org

Basically, I define an operating system as a kernel (for linking the
software to the hardware), some kind of shell (graphical or otherwise, for
linking the user to the software), and of course apps/utilities, enough to
constitute some kind of file system management, process control, software
execution, etc. By these terms, good example of a minimal operating system
is MS-DOS. It boots, it lets you do what you like, and thats it...

Craig Andrews
craig@fishbot.org.uk

Life would be so much easier if we
could just look at the source code.