[Sheflug] Re: Printing

Ian

Ian Wright wrote:

> It an Epson Stylus 1520 which is supported. The problem seems to be a bit
> more fundamental than just the printer type in that it is complaining about
> the daemon - or is this specific to the individual printer?

Well, in my own experience it's very much down to the printer driver
and printer that it needs.

The Epson printers are particularly prone to this and in the last
twelve months Microsoft and other companies related to them have gone
out of their way to make sure that only MS drivers will work with some
printers.  Both Red Hat and SuSE are unable to provide a replacement
for lpd which is basically a pile of doggies wotsits.

Thanks

--
Richard