[Sheflug] Linux in the glossy mags.

Our IT trainer popped one of her "rags" on my desk this morning,
saying, "You're into the Linux thing".

The rag in question, is 'ITtraining', and contains a three page article
(and a front page mention).
It's mostly about RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer) and the LPI
(Linux Professional Institute).

The article is rather fluffy, but to be honest, I think the target reader
is more the 'toe-dipper' than anyone else.
There are a couple of case studies, and they basically went for
Linux as a cost-saving exercise.

Interestingly, one of the consultants/trainers mentioned is also a
Microsoft Certified Trainer (errm - dunno how hard it is to meet the
criteria though), which translates to him being well-poised to give
advice on matters Linux and MS.

The article does also point out the blame factor, but (quite rightly)
states that if something goes wrong, it's generally your fault, and
there is always help from the open-source community.

There you go - short review of a review. Do I get my cookie now ?

Rob S.
Vickers (Laboratories) Ltd.
Grangefield Industrial Estate, Pudsey, Leeds LS28 6QW
Switchboard: +44 (0)113 236 2811   Fax: +44 (0)113 236 2703

All opinions are my own and ! Vickers.
The nice thing about Windows is that it doesn't just crash.
It displays a dialogue box and lets you click OK first.