[Sheflug] Hypercard

I tried to post this a while ago but it bounced as I used the wrong address.

I think HyperCard was rather advanced at the time it came out, and it has
some features I've not seen in any other Web authoring tools (tho' that
isn't saying much as I've not seen that many).  For example, background
fields and buttons, and multiple layers.  The Hypertalk language was rather
primitive in some respects, admittedly, but now the corresponding language
for Web applications is Java which I know is supposed to be wonderful and
portable but is nothing like as easy to use as Hypertalk.  I don't think
there is any real comparison with Netscape itself. HyperCard was pitched at
a level just right for people like me who are too busy/lazy to learn how to
use Java in their web pages but want to do more than can (easily?) be done
with HTML.  If there was a HyperCard-like application for Web design I'd use
it in preference to anything else I've seen.  So I'd be interested to know
how the applications you suggested compare with HyperCard.  [What happened
to HyperCard, is it still maintained?]

Matt.

Matt Fairtlough
Webbie for Raise Your Banners