It seems that many mailservers are picking up on the fact that the
From: header has been rewritten from baz [at] flux.localdomain - my local
user id/address.

I know I posted on what to do here earlier, but it turned more into a
Sendmail vs Exim thread, and discussions on something else.
Dunno, unfortunately, I lost the plot. :-(

I was expecting to see VM sort all this out for me, once I'd set all
the addresses up, but that is not the case.

Strangely, even Netscape can manage to send through Qmail OK...

Clear suggestions please :-)

Baz.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at flux.localdomain.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.

<sheflug [at] vuw.ac.nz>:
62.172.47.250 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 <sheflug [at] vuw.ac.nz> ... Refused to relay on behalf
of <baz [at] flux.localdomain>
Giving up on 62.172.47.250.
--
Barrie J. Bremner

TheEnglishman [at] ecosse.net | OpenPGP public key ID: 5164F553
	    http://www.geocities.com/thefatenglishman
	    [Contact information available at website]

   "Linux? Is that some kind of MacOS?"
      -- BT technical support