[Sheflug] Unknown device under RH7.2

	I installed and ran RedH 7.1 with no problems  for some time. I've just
upgrade it the 7.2 version. I also tried a complete new install. I can't
mount my 2 cdrom drives. There is a entry in fstab; dev/cdrom & dev/cdrom1.
If I issue a mount command, I get /dev/cdrom or /dev/cdrom1, unknown device.
I've tried /dev/hdc & hdd  as well, no luck.
	Dmesg says hdc ide-scsi, dvd/cdrom; (correct).  hdd cdrom. installing
automounter, no devices mapped.
	/var/log/messages showing lines for hdd as well as hdc for ide-scsi, then
giving error messages about this.
lilo.conf.anaconda has correct line append = ide-scsi.
Apart from going back to RH7.1 or Mandrake 8.1, any ideas anyone?

		Thanks, Peter C.