Re: [Sheflug] Used Laptops

Just don't try to excercise the warrant :( bad experiences there. i.e.
they smashed the battery. They claimed royal mail did it, but it was a)
packaged and b) insured, and then they tried to claim I did it and then
attempted to get a new one anyway.

Long story short, laptop with no battery, 'cos Royal Mail won't pay up
if I can't prove Sterling did it, and sterling won't admit to it.

Plus, just lately they seem to be VERY expensive. I looked at a P200
there for £500, but then went to www.thepcstore.co.uk and got a thinkpad
600 (PII 300, 64Mb RAM, 5.5Gb HDD) for £500!

Plus, I checked with IBM, and it still has 14 months warranty on it.

Craig

--

Craig Andrews

"Though my opinion may have changed, the fact that I am right has not"