Re: [Sheflug] Microsoft claims that Linux infringes 235 patents

Peter

> Am I right in thinking we're safe in Europe? I believe that
> software is not patentable here, so M$'s patents are not valid.

Uhhmmm.. yeh, you would be.  But, if you know anything about the
American legal profession you get a bit scared about any kind of
certainty.

> http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.techtarget.com/2007/05/09/amd-will-
>deliver-open-graphics-drivers/
>
> Excellent news! If you use an ATI video card, that is...

Yes. Obviously they are looking for market share like most other large
commercial organisations.  If it helps Linux along I suppose that's a
good thing.

--
Richard

        Sheffield Linux User's Group
  http://www.sheflug.org.uk/mailfaq.html
 GNU - The choice of a complete generation