Re: [Sheflug] Putty alternatives/ Running Foxplus/Foxbase on Linux (Think I need another cup of coffee!)

Steve Fisher wrote:
> Thanks Tim & Robin,
>
> Got Konsole working straight away.  Couple of questions though:
>
> Can I configure it to start-up from a short cut with the correct font &
> font size? (20 is about the right size)
>
> Can I configure it to auto-run "telnet 192.168.1.209" from the short cut?
Yes

If you load an instance of konsole and look under the Settings menu you
can Configure konsole, change font and save as default.

Also note the little button in the bottom left hand corner.  A long left
click there brings up a menu of the sessions available,

You can define a new session via the Settings->Configure
Konsole->Session tab.  Give it a unique name, put in the command you
want to run,  set $TERM and other parameters as you need and save the
session.

If you have mutliple konsoles in one window then the Shift plus either
right or left arrow navigates easily between the windows.

ssh is more secure than telnet.

<snip>

Regards

L.

        Sheffield Linux User's Group
  http://www.sheflug.org.uk/mailfaq.html
 GNU - The choice of a complete generation