[Sheflug] RE: Serial ports

comm3, you say? Sounds like it's using port 0x3e8, IRQ 4 to me. Check the
BIOS, go to Peripheral Setup (or similar) and check that COM1: is set to
0x3f8, IRQ4

This will now fit the defaults setserial expects of COM1:

I have never seen a PNP serial port built in to a mobo. They are always
legacy devices (unless someone else knows better?)

HTH

Craig