[Sheflug] I-mac

Hi,

I wonder if anyone here can offer any advice which might let me help a lady
in distress??
She has recently bought an I-mac (God knows why - just had to be different I
suppose) and has been 'helped' by a neighbour who thinks he knows about
computers. What has happened is that the neighbour has installed Internet
Explorer from a 'Waitrose' disk and this has now apparently taken over the
machine and screwed up several other programs - like, when the machine is
first switched on, it starts up the scanner and scans in a blank page! What
she now wants to do is remove this Internet Explorer - and everything else
if necessary and start again. I know nothing about I-macs and so, if anyone
could offer any advice to help sort her out, I'd be very pleased.
(Apparently she has tried the Mac equivalent of 'add and remove programs' to
no avail - it pretends to remove IE but when she reboots its there again.)
Thanks,

Ian
--
Ian W. Wright