Re: Using kdm

On 16 Mar 00, at 1:09, Andrew Basterfield wrote:

CLI mode is level 2, and X level3 under SuSE 6.3
If you're forced into using YaST. then go into System
Administration from the main menu, the Login options, then select
graphical, kdm.
When you're in X, run /opt/kde/bin/kdmconfig
This will allow you to specify who can bring the machine down (ie
no-one has to be logged on for the machine to be shutdown).
I'd suggest only showing the users you want too (get rid of root).

Rob S.
Vickers (Laboratories) Ltd.
Grangefield Industrial Estate, Pudsey, Leeds LS28 6QW
Switchboard: +44 (0)113 236 2811   Fax: +44 (0)113 236 2703

All opinions are my own and ! Vickers.
The nice thing about Windows is that it doesn't just crash.
It displays a dialogue box and lets you click OK first.