RE: SMP in Linux

it's not the distro it's the kernel which provides smp. Check the smp
support in 2.2.14 then look what's coming in 2.4. VA Research have a
heavily hacked Redhat which provides support foir more than the usual no.
of CPUs but this probably won't outgun 2.4.

On Friday, March 17, 2000 11:54 AM, Richard [SMTP:richard [at] sheflug.co.uk]
wrote:
> Dr C J Lamb wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions as far as distro that the cogniscenti say
> > has good SMP support? I'm not looking for bells and whistles
> > as the machine will be headless so it'll have bins of X
> > apps plus mostly custom stuff I have written (FEM analysis).

"WorldSecure Server <lombard.co.uk>" made the following
 annotations on 03/17/00 12:09:36
The opinions expressed within this email represent those of the
individual and not necessarily those of Lombard.

The contents of this Email may be privileged and are confidential. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee(s), nor copied in any way. If received in error, please advise the sender, then delete from your system.

Should you wish to use Email as a mode of communication, Lombard are unable to guarantee the security of Email content outside of our own computer systems.