Re: My new Promise board.

> Trying hard not to fall off my seat, I installed my new card. Turned it
> on, Wind accepts it okay (after finding a new graphics card, new network
> card and the PCI IRQ steering system as well - repeat after me, Alex,
> "don't move PCI cards around" ;).. as for linux, well, it gets a bit ratty
> when you move the root filing system and don't tell it about it. Plus, I
> only have one kernel which recognises the card for some strange reason.
> And it's an older one (?). Time for a re-compile, methinks... plus I can
> now compile the module for the ultra-66, as i have the source ;))

It's been in the kernel since early 2.3.x IIRC. Still the darn Highpoint
cards don't work for me though (early DMA/66 CRAP).
Reminds me of the time I swapped two PCI cards round and Windows
refused to boot. Linux didn't flinch of course.
Try the spanking new 2.3.99pre1 if you can handle a couple of annoying
bugs. :)