SuSE 6.3

All,

I'm loading SuSE 6.3 on my dual proc box. I have 1 big prob.
I choose the right mouse in YaST2 but after the first boot
the mouse pointer goes bananas (all over screen). The mobo
is a BP6 with 366 Celerons. There is a PS2 mouse onboard
but I am using a serial mouse.
I'm going to get a PS2 on Sat. to see if it is cured - anyone
with any ideas as to why the bananas mouse is experienced?
I am desperate for this to work as I went to Richards for
a demo of SuSE and I'm well impressed with what it does
and I want it to stretch its legs in a dp box.

regards

Chris