Re: [Sheflug] VPN

I am using kernel 2.4.10, and the documentation tells me that ethertap
is obsolete, and I should be using tun/tap. I have installed tun/tap,
and I have tun.o as a kernel module, which is loaded (as reported by
lsmod).
I still get the syslog message

"can't allocate tap device. File descriptor in bad state(77)"

anyone???

Thanks

Rob