[Sheflug] Firewall ???

I have what I believe to be a standard Mandrake 8.1 install with security set to minimal but when I attempt to telnet to the machine I am actually sitting at I get the following.

telnet 127.0.0.1
Trying 127.0.0.1...

This machine is set up on a network and has the address 192.168.0.1 attempting to telnet to that gives the same result.

I can connect out from this box but cannot connect from the other computer. I presume there are some firewall rules set somewhere but I can't find them.

Firing up iptables -L gives

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Any ideas what I have done wrong would be most helpful

Regards