[Sheflug] On the SMOOTHWALL trail again...

...but this time, evaluating it for replacement of a couple of PIX
firewalls.

The problem I currently have is one of network card compaibility. I
currently have in my sticky little mitt (having raided the cupboard in the
IT office!) a couple of 8029-based DLINK DE-528 CT PCI combi network cards
(which are, I believe, NE2000 PCI clones based on the chipset).

Has anyone used these before in a SMOOTHWALL installation? Should it
autodetect them? My first attempt with a couple of different cards (one ISA,
one PCI) failed miserably yesterday, but because at least one was an old ISA
card, I didn't get too downhearted!

For info, I'm using the latest 0.9.9 ISO image for the build.

If this project works, does anyone want to buy a Cisco PIX (only kidding!)

--
David Morris
IT Manager, ALLVAC Ltd, Sheffield, UK