Re: [Sheflug] ShefLUG - May/June 2008 Meeting

2008/5/24 Richard Ibbotson <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Oh.. we haven't seen any under 18s for four or five years now :)
> Seems as if the teachers/parents in Sheffield have been brainwashed
> too much in the direction of winduhs ;)

The young should be encouraged to use free software as much as
possible.  I have little idea of what goes on in schools these days,
but when I went for a job interview at a technical college a couple of
years ago it was a 100% microsoft shop.  In my opinion schools should
not be wasting taxpayers money paying for proprietary software when
there are good free alternatives.

- Bob

        Sheffield Linux User's Group
  http://www.sheflug.org.uk/mailfaq.html
 GNU - The choice of a complete generation