Re: [Sheflug] ShefLUG - May/June 2008 Meeting

> The young should be encouraged to use free software as much as
> possible.  I have little idea of what goes on in schools these days,
> but when I went for a job interview at a technical college a couple of
> years ago it was a 100% microsoft shop.  In my opinion schools should
> not be wasting taxpayers money paying for proprietary software when
> there are good free alternatives.
>
> - Bob

Thankfully once you get to Uni the experience is much better. At
Sheffield Hallam Unix and Linux was a module for me for two consecutive
years. All our lab machines were dual boot and some professors were
often openly anti-MS in lectures. I just learned from a friend that
Sheffield Uni is also very similar in policy too.

        Sheffield Linux User's Group
  http://www.sheflug.org.uk/mailfaq.html
 GNU - The choice of a complete generation