Re: [Sheflug] ShefLUG - May/June 2008 Meeting

Ben

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Richard Ibbotson
<richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ben
>
>> Thanks Richard - turns out I will be coming after all.
>
> Before next week comes up you might like to read some of this
online.
> You don't have to but it might help you to understand what level
you
> have reached in understanding some things about the GNU/Linux
> operating system....
>
> http://safari.oreilly.com/0596000251/linuxnut3-PREFACE-2
>
> I don't want to frighten you with anything more advanced such as
DNS or firewall administration.

>=) - thanks richard. I'll read that. Just installed Hardy! Tried to
>update, but X got messed up (I suspect by the nVidia drivers I didn't
>disable), so I did a clean install, and decided to try Gnome instead
>of KDE for a change. Looks very nice, anyway.

Best to look up the Ubuntu and Kubuntu lists for that.  Although, you
might get lucky and someone might answer it here.

--
Richard

        Sheffield Linux User's Group
  http://www.sheflug.org.uk/mailfaq.html
 GNU - The choice of a complete generation