[Sheflug] AUI network on a Sun

Um...
  I've just got this sparcstation 2 and I'd really like to put it on the LAN, but it only has an AUI ethernet interface (15pin joystick connector type). Does anybody have, or know where I can get hold of, an AUI to 10base2 tranceiver or an AUI-AUI patch cable?

  Maplin used to do a tranceiver but they discontinued it last year, the better computer shops say "We haven't seen one of those for a while" while the worse ones don't even know what I'm talking about. If I could get an AUI-AUI patchlead I could put another NIC with an AUI socket in my router and give the sparc it's own subnet. I tried building an AUI patchlead with cat 5 network cable but it doesn't work.

  At the moment the sparc box is next to useless - it boots into SunOS on a serial console but I get a network error message every couple of seconds on the console which is really annoying as it trashes everything on screen. I want to put OpenBSD 3.0 on it, but doe to lack of SCSI cdrom I was planning to do a network install from my linux boxen.

  Any comments or suggestions at this point would be be greatly appreciated :)

thanks

A. Basterfield